Friday 25 April 2014

Stars Who Rocked Cornrows Back in The day

Thabiso
Thabiso Kevin Mokethi has rocked cornrows the longest. You wouldn’t be blamed to think he hates inkqayi or shaving his hair like other men. I started noticing him with cornrows on Thabang Thabong. Yeah that kiddies’ show, you and I watched. I think he has locks now on KaChing.


Loyiso Bala who liked trends (think the lip ring he had) wore cornrows
in the early two thousands. You could even see him on TKZee’s Fiasco video rocking them.

Donald


2011 isn’t really back in the day but it would be unfair not to include the shades and muscle revealing top
liking Donald Moatshe who used to wear them well.

Trevor Noah


 If truth be told no one rocked cornrows well like Trevor Noah though the twitpic, he tweeted late last year would disagree (what’s in a photo wethu). I used to run back home from school to catch his Run The Adventure show and of course his cute face.





 Stars That Rock Dread locks 

Lerato
Journalists or the “inky type” as Khaya Mkangisa calls us refuse to be called celebs but I’m here for you my people. Plus if the work you do mean you should be celebrated why not?! True Love magazine editor LeratoTshabalala has something good going there. And I love your gap woman! (Weird but true, I ain’t a gap hater so allow).


 Brickz mabrikhado indoda yaseZion in this case, has a good stylist. Though eyi-
Brickz
outie yaseKasi his hair is always clean (I don’t know where I’m going with this…). Lonto I don’t know why the keep on postponing the rape case.





Yvonne


Mama Yvonne Chaka Chaka, Judith Sepuma and Nambitha Mpulwana know how to maintain their locks, they are long, clean and always styled neatly. I love you my African queens, oopsie Yvonne Chaka Chaka is a princess. Maar let me upgrade you.

No comments: