Tuesday 29 October 2013

Smallbody, Big Personalit​y Sidudla Ke mang?!

Naturally we all have figures. Whether you are fuller figured like Beyoncé who reportedly admitted that she has to excise extensively to maintain that perfect black barbie shape of hers.


Some people are apple shaped or hour glass (like me). This shouldn't matter but we should buy clothes that fit our bodies well. Chill ngwanesu nobody died and made me Noni Gasa, a  famous stylist. Andazi if I won't be making a blanket statement when I say every woman has experienced weight woes.

Growing up, I was the skinny and bony one. I struggled so hard with the transition of turning to a voluptuous fuller figured woman (34) in my early twenties. And I tried torhwana eating less but that didn't last and drinking 8 glasses of water wasn't practical for me as I love my juice gxebe Cabana.


There is nothing unflattering as seeing a woman with love handles wearing a tight muscle top or a woman with a sagging belly wearing a cropped top with a vest underneath. Wear clothes that accentuate your best features like your African assets (hips and behind). Take time to dress your temple. Please don't torture yourself with wanting someone's petite body. Work with what you have.


Please, please. I beg. Stop wearing figure belts. They clearly do not serve their purpose. With South Africa listed among the top fattest countries in the world, healthy eating should be our priority. Don’t down everything in your sight bosisi bam.


I am not an attention seeker nani nani but I like it when I step into a room eyes starts rolling. It gives me that I have arrived moment. And every woman out there needs that moment. You just can’t walk into a room with your tail in between your legs ngathi yinja ebe amaqanda. You aren't a nobody my dear.

NB: I am always subject to correction Bathong feel free correct me, though I blog what I like :P

No comments: