Tuesday 26 March 2013

Safe Abortion

Is it really safe? Is it safe to end someone’s life that has not even started?
Amazingly our bill of rights says everyone has a right to life but in this regard it does not apply.

Everywhere I go I see these SAFE ABORTION posters. And I do not entirely blame the Dr Mamuyandichaza’s because clearly the business is in demand.


Excuse my wild mind but don’t the abortionists worry about what will happen to the foetus?

It’s unlike going to a dentist and asking for the rotten tooth afterwards to see what has been giving you sleepless nights.

Ending someone’s life should not be quick and easy. "30 minutes pain free" disgusts me.

I know the decision has not been reached easy and a lot of thought has been given to this but still it does not make it right.

How do you even begin thinking of aborting a six month old ‘foetus’? I am neither a doctor nor a medical practitioner but I do know by this time the baby has developed into a human being.

My government has and is discouraging back street abortion as it often endangers the life of the person thinking of aborting. But why are they not arresting back street  'doctors'?

When you engage in an unprotected sex, what do you expect? And turning to shortcuts with everlasting consequences because you do not want to take responsibility of your actions is unbelievable.

I do not question the decision of rape survivors who had to abort because they did not want to relive the ordeal but I would advise them to think twice about the decisions thereafter.

Zintanda, let’s make informed choices about our lives and not live for the moment and remember whatever you do today will catch up with you in the future.’Ayizukushiya le-bus.’

Enkosi.

No comments: